Our searchable rental inventory is here. If there is a video you are interested in renting from our store please call us at (203) 287-9286. We no longer rent movies by mail.
In Store Rental
Basic membership is FREE. Rentals are $4.50 for two nights; $6.05 for two nights for box sets. * Credit card number needed for security deposit. Members agree that, following notification, credit card may be charged for late fees/video replacements .
As of November 1, 2015, we are moving to more of a membership library model. Below are the new membership rental plans customers may choose from. (Longtime customers may continue to rent the way they always have if they don’t want to purchase a new plan—we want to make sure the community has wide access to this invaluable resource.):
• The One Movie Plan*
$108/year (or $10 per month) Take out 1 movie at a time for four days—exchange as often as you want. Attend 1 show per month free. No late fees! For a limited time, if you opt for the annual payment, you get two additional free months if you purchase it in the store or 10% off the cost for12 months if you purchase online.
• The Two Movie Plan*
$216/year (or $20 per month) Take out 2 movies at a time for up to a week. Attend 2 shows per month free. No late fees! For a limited time, if you opt for the annual payment, you get two additional free months if you purchase it in the store or 10% off the cost for12 months if you purchase online.
• The Four Movie Plan*
$324/year (or $30 per month) Take out 4 movies at a time for up to a week. Attend 4 shows per month free at Best Video Performance Space. No late fees! For a limited time, if you opt for the annual payment, you get two additional free months if you purchase it in the store or 10% off the cost for12 months if you purchase online.
If you wish to take out additional movies beyond what your plan covers, it would be $2 per additional rental per night.
You can already sign up at the store for the annual or monthly plans and now you have a way to sign up for the monthly plans online.
* All plans are subject to change. Films not returned within a reasonable time are subject to a replacement fee at the retail cost. If you choose not to sign up for one of the three plans, you can continue with your current plan or rent on a pay-as-you-go basis. Prices in the legacy plans and per movie are subject to change. We ask that marked new releases be returned in 1 or 2 days.
FOUR DROP BOX LOCATIONS MAKE BEST VIDEO EVEN MORE CONVENIENT
• Barnes & Noble at Yale: 77 Broadway, New Haven (The drop box at Barnes & Noble is inside the store and can only be accessed during store hours.)
• Shell Food Mart: 141 Willow Street, New Haven (corner of Willow & Nicoll streets)
• Rollins Printing: 3281 Whitney Avenue, Mt. Carmel/Cheshire area
• Lyric Hall: 827 Whalley Avenue, in the Westville section of New Haven, with easy access from the Wilbur Cross Parkway (at Exit 59).
All returns must be deposited in the drop box by 5:45 p.m. on the day they are due.
RENT THE BEST VIDEO COFFEE BAR AND/OR PERFORMANCE SPACE!
1842 Whitney Ave. Hamden, CT 06517
VIDEO ARCHIVE HOURS: SUN. – TUES. 9AM-9PM / WED. – SAT. 9AM-10PM (Archive may be open as late as 10PM Sun. – Tues. if music or film screening event is happening)