Haven String Quartet, the in-house quartet of the educational group Music Haven, returns to Best Video Performance Space on Wednesday, Oct. 28. They will be joined on select numbers by Music Haven students. The show starts at 8 PM and the cover is $5.
As the permanent quartet-in-residence of Music Haven, the Haven String Quartet’s mission is to integrate music and creative endeavor into community life. The quartet provides access to free music education and world-class chamber music performances to residents in New Haven’s most under-served neighborhoods. In conjunction with these activities, the Haven String Quartet actively performs in other communities, providing engaging performances in traditional concert halls and reaching new audiences in non-classical venues.
Each quartet member is an exemplary performer who also enjoys the work of a teaching artist. Having graduated from institutions such as Yale University, Juilliard School, New England Conservatory, Rice University, and Eastman School of Music, each member has concertized internationally and now enjoy successful careers as performers and teachers.
Yaira Matyakubova and Gregory Tompkins are the Quartet’s resident violinists. Annalisa Boerner and Philip Boulanger, respectively, are resident violist and resident cellist for the Haven String Quartet.
• Wednesday, Oct. 21. ROOTS ROCK: BRONSON ROCK
• Thursday, Oct. 22. GARAGE SOUL: ELISON JACKSON
• Friday, Oct. 23. ALT-COUNTRY: TANNERSVILLE Cancelled
• Wednesday, Oct. 28. CLASSICAL: HAVEN STRING QUARTET
• Thursday, Oct. 29. SYNTH POP/ROCK: MISSION ZERO
• Friday, Oct. 30. HALLOWEEN SILENT FILM SCREENING WITH LIVE SCORE: LIGHT UPON BLIGHT
• Wednesday, Nov. 4. OLD TIMEY/SWING: THE ZuZAZZ STRING ORKESTRA
• Thursday, Nov. 5. INDIE POP: LAMONT/PLAYFIGHT
• Friday, Nov. 6. RAGTIME/BLUES: THE RED HOTS
• Friday, Nov. 13. BRAZILIAN MUSIC: SAMBELEZA
• Wednesday, Nov. 18. FILM SCREENING: THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE (1962)
• Thursday, Nov. 19. DARK FOLK: ELISA FLYNN; SOUL PUNK: AN HISTORIC
• Friday, Nov. 20. SINGER-SONGWRITER: SABRINA TRUEHEART
• Sunday, Nov. 22. FILM SCREENING/BLACK LIVES MATTER BENEFIT: “ANNE BRADEN: SOUTHERN PATRIOT”
• Thursday, Dec. 3. ELECTRONIC: AVMUS