SepiaTone is an American alternative rock band based in the CT River Valley. The band is the latest vehicle of local singer/songwriter and multi-instrumentalist Ike Hammond. Like the curled edges and warm hues of your favorite old photograph, SepiaTone transports the listener to another time and place. Put on like a wedding suit, somewhere between the high-planes drifter and the birth-of-the-cool metro-intellectual, this tight ensemble weaves searchlight imagery with mysterious shadow play, evoking the great American dream’s sonic landscape. Equal parts country-simple storytelling and esoteric cerebral illusion.
SepiaTone has self-produced three studio albums, and a multitude of live performances and experimental mixed tapes.
Ike Hammond – Singer/Songwriter, Mutli-instrumentalist, spent much of his formative years on the move, traveling, working odd jobs, and collecting snippets and scenes, characters, and vignettes of the dazzling highs and tragic lows of the great american spirit that alternately inhabit and haunt his now almost epic catalogue of songs. While living an itinerant, kerouac-ian lifestyle Ike cut eye-teeth on roots forms, folk and blues. Landing in Chicago, IL in the early 90’s, Mike spent several years studying Recording Arts and Technology at Columbia College, working nights in local clubs like the Double Door an the Cafe Metro, studying the great performances while learning to play, honing his story-teller style and songwriting craft. Mike has recently come full circle to dig deeper into his familial New England Roots, contributing to a robust, organic arts and music scene while leading his latest incarnation, SepiaTone. Mike is also owner/operator of CRS (Community Recording Services) producing record many local/regional original bands on Lousy Drunkard Records, the label which he recently cofounded with Havisham Wrenowlski.
Matt Bister – Guitar. Abstract Impressionist Painter, Photographer and diesel Mechanic. Matt is an accomplished multi-instrumentalist, arranger and composer. He has proven himself as a performer, and equally important, as a supporter of live music. his passion lies in experimental, avant-garde jazz. Whether it’s playing guitar or keyboards, his exploration of sounds and ideas are often through rhythmic and dissonant expression. Using both electronic effects and manipulation of the instrument itself, his original compositions and improvisational techniques are best heard live and in person. Matt contributes on keys, sax, drums and electric and acoustical guitars. Matt is currently on hiatus from his production company, “Broken Down Sounds” and jazz super group Gaslight Arkestra. Matt is a vintage keyboard enthusiast and junk collector.
• Thursday, Dec. 1. ACOUSTIC GUITAR: GLENN ROTH, SINGER-SONGWRITER: KRISTEN GRAVES
• Friday, Dec. 2. INDIE ROCK: THE SAWTELLES CD RELEASE SHOW, HANK HOFFMAN (solo)
• Sunday, Dec. 4. FREE FIRST SUNDAY AFTERNOON BLUEGRASS JAM (PRESENTED BY GUITARTOWNCT)
• Monday, Dec. 5. MEMBER’S CHOICE FILM SCREENING: “PAT GARRETT & BILLY THE KID”
• Thursday, Dec. 8. AMERICANA: SEPIATONE
• Friday, Dec. 9. BLUEGRASS: DALE ANN BRADLEY BAND (A GUITARTOWNCT PRODUCTION)
• Monday, Dec. 12. MEMBER’S CHOICE FILM SCREENING: “WINTER’S BONE”
• Thursday, Dec. 15. JAZZ: THE AFRO-SEMITIC DUO (DAVID CHEVAN & WARREN BYRD)
• Friday, Dec. 16. JAZZ: JEFF FULLER & FRIENDS
• Saturday, Dec. 17. FILM SCREENING FOR KIDS: “THE GOONIES” (Sponsored by Pediatrics Plus of North Haven)
• Monday, Dec. 19. MEMBER’S CHOICE FILM SCREENING: “CONTACT”
• Friday, Jan. 6. ACOUSTIC FOLK BLUES & MORE: VANGE DURST
• Saturday, Jan. 7. MUSIC OF “THE SIMPSONS”: DR. CATERWAUL’S CADRE OF CLAIRVOYANT CLAPTRAPS with SPECIAL GUESTS
• Friday, Jan. 13. BLUEGRASS: FIVE IN THE CHAMBER
• Friday, Jan. 20. BLUEGRASS: THE PAGE TURNERS (A GUITARTOWNCT PRODUCTION)
• Friday, Jan. 27. JAZZ: BADSLAX
• Saturday, Jan. 28. FILM SCREENING FOR KIDS: “MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO” (Sponsored by Pediatrics Plus of North Haven)
• Friday, Feb. 3. SINGER-SONGWRITER: THE ANNE MARIE MENTA BAND
• Friday, Feb. 10. ROCK: HAPPY ENDING
• Friday, Feb. 24. INDIE POP: THE SHELLYE VALAUSKAS EXPERIENCE