The free improvising group Fuchsprellen will perform in the Best Video Performance Space on Friday, Apr. 3. The music starts at 8 PM and the cover is $5.
Fuchsprellen—the name comes from “fox tossing,” a popular blood sport of the 17th and 18th centuries—play free-form, improvised music. The basic group this evening will be comprised of Peter Riccio (guitarist and singer of The Sawtelles) on drums, Pete Brunelli on electronics and bass and Best Video manager Richard Brown on alto saxophone. No foxes will be harmed in the making of this music.
This is music composed in real time with the various players listening to and responding to the sounds created by their compatriots. Anything can happen and it often does. This music evokes the free jazz of the 1960’s and 1970’s—although it isn’t really “jazz,” per se—and the New York City loft scene of the 1980’s.
• Thursday, Mar. 26. ROCK: LA TUNDA
• Friday, Mar. 27. INDIE ROCK: PROCEDURE CLUB
• Monday. Mar. 30. FILM SCREENING: “A LATE QUARTET”
• Thursday, April 2. ROCK/POP: THE SHELLYE VALAUSKAS EXPERIENCE
• Friday, Apr. 3. AVANT-GARDE: FUCHSPRELLEN
• Wednesday, Apr. 8. SINGER-SONGWRITER: THE ANNE MARIE MENTA BAND
• Thursday, Apr. 9. 150th ANNIVERSARY OF APPOMATTOX/FOLK MUSIC: SHELDON CAMPBELL
• Friday, Apr. 10. ROCK: PARKER’S TANGENT
• Friday, April 17. WPKN BENEFIT
• Wednesday, Apr. 22. AMERICANA/ROOTS: THE HELLWIGS
• Thursday, Apr. 23. ECLECTIC ACOUSTIC MUSIC: PRESTER JOHN featuring SHAWN PERSINGER & DAVID MILLER
• Friday, Apr. 24. BLUEGRASS: THE KOREY BRODSKY BAND
• Thursday, Apr. 30. INDIE ROCK: loom
• Friday, May 1. FILM FEST: “A DARK ROOM”
• Friday, May 15. ALT-COUNTRY: HEATHER FAY
• Wednesday, Aug. 26. BLUEGRASS: STACY PHILLIPS & HIS BLUEGRASS CHARACTERS