The Korey Brodsky Band plays Best Video Performance space on Friday, Apr. 24. The music starts at 8 PM and the cover is $5. The Korey Brodsky Band performs both original and traditional bluegrass with virtuoso instrumental playing and compelling trio harmonies.
The band features 16 year old Korey Brodsky who played guitar in the IBMA 2013 Youth All-Star band at the Awards Show in Raleigh, NC. Korey has consistently placed in the top three spots in the adult guitar categories for guitar and mandolin at the Roxbury Pickin and Fiddlin contest. He has been playing since 3 years old and has studied with Michael Daves, Jim Hurst, Steve Kaufman, Jim Allyn, and Betsy Rome. Korey has performed with Bill Keith, James King, Tom Chapin, Tony Trischka, and Jonathan Edwards.
Dick Neal plays banjo, mandolin and guitar and is the band’s most prolific songwriter. Dick works as a record producer, recording engineer, studio/performing musician, songwriter, recording artist, and teacher. As a studio pro his work has appeared on dozens of recordings (CDs, soundtracks, documentaries, and jingles). He plays several stringed instruments (guitar, banjo, and mandolin) in a variety of musical settings with many acts and styles.
Sofia Chiarandini is 15 years old. She plays fiddle and sings both lead and harmony in the band. She is the 2014 recipient of the Mark O’Connor Berklee summer program scholarship award. Sofia has been playing since age 5 and studies classical violin with Juliette Kurtzman of Manhattan. Sofia has been playing double bass since she was 9 as a student of Domenick Fiore. She has performed solo and with Boulevard Swing Trio, Norwalk Youth Symphony, the Danbury Community Orchestra, the Jim Allyn band, the Town Hall band, Francine Wheeler, Vaneese Thomas, Tony Trischka and Peter Yarrow. In these acts she has played violin, flute, double bass, bass guitar, mandolin, piano, lead vocals, backup vocals and has sung a capella.
Rick Brodsky plays bass and sings with the band. Rick is a multi-instrumentalist musician and a production manager for the Clearwater Festival. He has appeared at festivals and venues around the Northeast and is a regular on the New York/Connecticut bluegrass scene. Rick has played bass for several local bluegrass bands and for a popular local live-theater radio show where he has shared the stage with Peter Yarrow, Tom Chapin, Livingston Taylor, Ramblin’ Jack Elliot, Guy Davis, Christine Lavin and many more. Currently, Rick is playing bass for Jonathan Edwards and enjoying tour dates with the band throughout the Northeast.
• Wednesday, Apr. 15. SYNTH-POP: MISSION ZERO
• Thursday, Apr. 16. GUITAR INSTRUMENTALS: BILL BECKETT; INDIE FOLK: XAVIER SERRANO
• Friday, April 17. WPKN BENEFIT
• Wednesday, Apr. 22. AMERICANA/ROOTS: THE HELLWIGS
• Thursday, Apr. 23. ECLECTIC ACOUSTIC MUSIC: PRESTER JOHN featuring SHAWN PERSINGER & DAVID MILLER
• Friday, Apr. 24. BLUEGRASS: THE KOREY BRODSKY BAND
• Thursday, Apr. 30. INDIE ROCK: loom
• Friday, May 1. FILM FEST: “A DARK ROOM”
• Thursday, May 7. JAZZ: SAMUEL SUGGS
• Friday, May 8. INDIE ROCK: SPECTRAL FANGS
• Thursday, May 14. INDIE ROCK: THE SAWTELLES
• Friday, May 15. ALT-COUNTRY: HEATHER FAY
• Thursday, May 21. INDIE ROCK: JELLYSHIRTS
• Friday, May 22. ROCK: NOTHING SPECIAL
• Thursday, May 28. SINGER-SONGWRITER: SETH ADAM
• Friday, May 29. SINGER-SONGWRITER: SABRINA TRUEHEART
• Friday, June 26. INDIE FOLK: OLIVE TIGER
• Friday, July 17. PIANO POP/PAINTING: POCKET VINYL
• Wednesday, Aug. 26. BLUEGRASS: STACY PHILLIPS & HIS BLUEGRASS CHARACTERS