Singer-songwriter Chris Cappello has been added to the bill for this Wednesday’s show, Feb. 12, in the Best Video Performance Space. Cappello will play first, followed by The Artist Formerly Known As Pat Stone. The music starts at 8 PM and the cover is $5.
Chris Cappello sometimes writes songs about his his town, his friends, and the people who have let him down. Mostly, though, he writes about himself. Sometimes he plays in a band and sometimes he plays on his own. He was born in New Haven and doesn’t see himself leaving any time soon. He likes guitars, vinyl records, basement shows and breakfast cereals. He imbues his life with more meaning than it deserves. He’s sorry if he wrote about you.
After fronting a variety of bands, Fairfield County-based musician Pat Stone has amassed a diverse repertoire of original songs. What’s interesting is that these songs, originally written for a full band and a variety of genres from hard rock to ska punk, have all been converted to an acoustic singer/songwriter format. The Artist Formerly Known As Pat Stone is essentially a culmination of “greatest hits” from this artist’s history of song writing. Stone is set to release his first full length album for his current project, Samsara, in March.
UPCOMING PERFORMANCE SPACE EVENTS:
• Wednesday, Feb. 12. SINGER-SONGWRITER: THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS PAT STONE
• Thursday, Feb. 13. ROCK ‘N’ ROLL: BIG FAT COMBO
• Monday, Feb. 17. FILM SCREENING: “THE BIG SLEEP”
• Wednesday, Feb. 19. (RESCHEDULED FROM FEB. 5) SINGER-SONGWRITERS: JENNIFER DAUPHINAIS, CHRISTOPHER BOUSQUET
• Thursday, Feb. 20. BLUEGRASS: 5 IN THE CHAMBER
• Monday. Feb. 24. FILM SCREENING: “AMERICAN BEAUTY”
• Wednesday, Feb. 26. DECONSTRUCTING POP: THE LUCK PUSHERS
• Thursday, Feb. 27. SINGER-SONGWRITER POP: THE SHELLYE VALAUSKAS EXPERIENCE
• Monday.Mar. 3. FILM SCREENING: “BEING JOHN MALKOVICH”
• Monday, Mar. 10. FILM SCREENING: “BABEL”
• Monday, Mar. 17. FILM SCREENING: “MEMENTO”
• Monday. Mar. 24. FILM SCREENING: “MULHOLLAND DRIVE”
• Wednesday, Apr. 2. CLASSICAL: HAVEN STRING QUARTET
• Thursday, Apr. 17. ACOUSTIC ROCK: THE LONESOME SPARROWS