Singer-songwriters Chris Peters and Bill Milford play Best Video Performance Space on Thursday, July 9. The show starts at 8 PM and there is a $5 cover.
Chris Peters and Bill Milford represent two generations of singer-songwriter fingerstyle guitar players. Bill has known Chris for all of his life and they have been playing together for the past 10 years. Respectively, as a student at Yale, and a professor of social work in Florida, Bill and Chris get together in the summer to create creative music arrangements from contemporary folk stylings to guitar interpretations of a Sousa March. Join them for a show of original songs, instrumentals, and sing-alongs.
Chris Peters has several CDs and has performed in the New England area and New York City. Next year, he will tour internationally as one of the vocalists in the renowned Yale Whiffenpoofs. He has wonderful jazz stylings on the guitar with a songwriting style and vocal tone reminiscent of James Taylor.
Bill Milford toured nationally in the 1980’s and was hailed by the Boston Globe as “one of the best of the new wave of singer songwriters…” His humor, song writing warmth, and fingerstyle guitar playing are earmarks of his performance style. He has several recordings to his credit and often performs with Boston based vocalist Barb Siftar.
• Wednesday, July 1. ART SONG: TWINS OF EL DORADO; JAZZ: WORK AND WHY WE DO IT
• Friday, July 3. BLUEGRASS: THE DUDLEY FARM STRING BAND
• Thursday, July 9. SINGER-SONGWRITER: CHRIS PETERS & BILL MILFORD
• Friday, July 10. INDIE SINGER-SONGWRITER: DEEPER SLEEPER, NATIVE SAGE
• Wednesday, July 15. JAZZ: THE ELLIGERS BROTHERS
• Thursday, July 16. STAND-UP COMEDY: RICH CYR & FRIENDS
• Friday, July 17. PIANO POP/PAINTING: POCKET VINYL
• Tuesday, July 21. ECLECTIC ACOUSTIC MUSIC: DR. CATERWAUL’S CADRE OF CLAIRVOYANT CLAPTRAPS with SPECIAL GUESTS
• Wednesday, July 22. ACOUSTIC ROCK: THE BIRDMEN (Former members of JAMES VELVET’S groups THE LONESOME SPARROWS & THE IVORY BILLS)
• Thursday, July 23. SINGER-SONGWRITERS: SHAUN BOWEN, KEVIN MF KING
• Friday, July 24. SINGER-SONGWRITERS: ANNE MARIE MENTA, SHELLYE VALAUSKAS
• Wednesday, July 29. CARIBBEAN/FOLK: THE LUKE RODNEY BAND
• Thursday, July 30. CABARET/CROONING/SPOKEN WORD: RICH MORAN & FRANZ DOUSKEY
• Friday, July 31. SINGER-SONGWRITER: SAMUEL BASS
• Thursday, Aug. 6. INDIE ROCK: ZOO FRONT
• Friday, Aug. 7. INDIE ROCK: MERCY CHOIR
• Wednesday, Aug. 12. ELECTRONIC IMPROVISATION: DAVID ELKIN-GINNETTI & DEREK PIOTR
• Thursday, Aug. 13. INDIE FOLK: KINDRED QUEER
• Wednesday, Aug. 19. FOLK: WALKINGWOOD MANDOLIN QUARTET
• Thursday, Aug. 20. INDIE ROCK: THE LYS GUILLORN BAND
• Friday, Aug. 21. BLUEGRASS: FIDDLE FOREVER
• Tuesday, Aug. 25. BLUEGRASS: STACY PHILLIPS & HIS BLUEGRASS CHARACTERS
• Friday, Aug. 28. FILM SCREENING: “HEAD” (CT-PRODUCED LIVE PUPPET HORROR FEATURE)
• Wednesday, Sept. 16. COMEDY OPEN MIC WITH DAN CARRANO & DAN RICE
• Tuesday, Sept. 29. SINGER-SONGWRITER: HANNAH FAIR
• Wednesday, Sept. 30. SINGER-SONGWRITER: ANGELA EASTERLING
• Thursday, Oct. 8. SINGER-SONGWRITER: FRANK CRITELLI
• Friday, Oct. 23. ALT-COUNTRY: TANNERSVILLE