Mission Zero plays the Best Video Performance Space on Wednesday, Apr. 15. The music starts at 8 PM and the cover is $5.
Growing up playing a range of musical instruments together, siblings Chenot and David crafted and honed their ability to communicate telepathically as performers. After touring the world separately and together in various bands, they decided to join forces as Mission Zero.
Intentionally forgoing traditional pop instrumentation, the duo focuses on their strong suits—powerful, sultry vocals and blistering, dynamic percussion—supported live by a unique body of synthesized sounds (lovingly referred to by the band as The Robots). The result is smart, sexy synth-pop with bite.
• Thursday, April 2. ROCK/POP: THE SHELLYE VALAUSKAS EXPERIENCE
• Friday, Apr. 3. AVANT-GARDE: FUCHSPRELLEN
• Wednesday, Apr. 8. SINGER-SONGWRITER: THE ANNE MARIE MENTA BAND
• Thursday, Apr. 9. 150th ANNIVERSARY OF APPOMATTOX/FOLK MUSIC: SHELDON CAMPBELL
• Friday, Apr. 10. ROCK: PARKER’S TANGENT
• Wednesday, Apr. 15. SYNTH-POP: MISSION ZERO
• Friday, April 17. WPKN BENEFIT
• Wednesday, Apr. 22. AMERICANA/ROOTS: THE HELLWIGS
• Thursday, Apr. 23. ECLECTIC ACOUSTIC MUSIC: PRESTER JOHN featuring SHAWN PERSINGER & DAVID MILLER
• Friday, Apr. 24. BLUEGRASS: THE KOREY BRODSKY BAND
• Thursday, Apr. 30. INDIE ROCK: loom
• Friday, May 1. FILM FEST: “A DARK ROOM”
• Friday, May 8. INDIE ROCK: SPECTRAL FANGS
• Friday, May 15. ALT-COUNTRY: HEATHER FAY
• Wednesday, Aug. 26. BLUEGRASS: STACY PHILLIPS & HIS BLUEGRASS CHARACTERS