The Grimm Generation sound has been described as “Morning After Music” and “Radio Songs For Voyeurs” though we have personally described as “If Alan Lomax and Ziggy Stardust had a baby.” It’s creepy, suburban pop-noir made and played by creepy suburbanites. Carmen Champagne and Jason P. Krug started The Grimm Generation as an outlet to tell real time stories of cheap excess and alcohol, but with the addition of Lys Guillorn (lapsteel, banjo, bells, rawk guitar), Eric Bloomquist (bass) and Julie Drechsler (cello), the group has evolved into more a sweeping soundtrack of a movie that may be your real life.
The Grimm Generation play the Best Video Performance Space on Wednesday, Dec. 5. Seating is at 7:30 PM and the music starts at 8 PM. The Best Video Coffee & Wine Bar will be open, serving specialty coffee drinks, wine and beer. The cover charge for this show is $5.
Herewith The Grimm Generation’s own video for their song “Blink, I’m Gone”:
UPCOMING PERFORMANCE SPACE EVENTS:
• Thursday, Dec. 6. WORLD MUSIC/PSYCHEDELIC: SUPER TRANCE
• Sunday, Dec. 9. KIDS’ HOLIDAY MATINEE
• Wednesday, Dec. 12. ROCK ‘N” ROLL & TWANG: GRAYLIGHT CAMPFIRE
• Thursday, Dec. 13. ELECTRIC ROCK & PSYCHEDELIC: HAPPY ENDING featuring Best Video’s RICHARD BROWN & HANK HOFFMAN
• Wednesday, Dec. 19. CARIBBEAN/FOLK: MIMOSA
• Thursday, Dec. 20. ROCKABILLY: BIG FAT COMBO