Henry Sidle, born in Chicago, is a teenage guitar player and singer/songwriter who plays gigs most days of the year. When Henry was 11, he began to play the guitar. Several years later, Henry has made his way to major festivals, venues, studios, cities and private parties. Henry’s music has been played Sirius XM’s Grateful Dead station. Henry has a unique acoustic rock sound, spiced up with his BOSS RC-30 loop station and large repertoire of originals and covers.
Henry’s main influences are The Beatles, Phish, Grateful Dead, Frank Zappa, Pink Floyd, Bob Marley, Sublime, The Avett Brothers, Toots and the Maytals, and Keller Williams. Henry’s originals go from topics such as human awareness to life stories to relationships. Henry has played his guitar at benefit concerts for schools and has played educational songs for pre-schoolers. Back in middle school, Henry performed for large audiences with the jazz band that featured Henry on guitar and the concert band with Henry on piano and guitar. Henry has played small farmers markets, city streets, and book stores. Henry has also played large events such as the Gathering of the Vibes which has featured Crosby Stills and Nash, every living member of the Grateful Dead, Buddy Guy, Jimmy Cliff, The Avett Brothers, and Zappa Plays Zappa. Henry got to play at this festival in 2011 and 2012. By now, Henry has played almost every venue in the New Haven area and has racked up hundreds of shows. Yale Daily News calls Henry “New Haven’s Youngest Troubador.”
Henry plays bass in his band Funk You Up. He also plays guitar in the Klezmer band, the Nu Haven Kapelye. He also is a classical pianist and has played recitals in churches. In the summer of 2011, Henry began to work for the Rex Foundation. Henry wrote a song for their World as it Could Be project called “The World as it Could Be” and “There’s a Way.” Both are human awareness songs that have gotten kind words. Green FL Broker said “Henry’s music video is not only beautiful, it is thought-provoking and inspirational to experience a 12 year old’s concerns about the future. I sure wish I could be at the concert to experience Henry’s début into the musical world! I have no doubt Henry will follow his heart and will end up involved in Mother Earth’s well-being as part of his life’s journey.” Henry has played gigs from Jacksonville, FL to New York, NY to Washington D.C. to Montreal, QU. Henry mostly plays locally in his home area of New Haven.
Henry plays guitar hours and hours each day. He plays a great deal of open mics when he is not booked for the night. In 2012, Henry won a Neighborhood Music School merit award for his guitar playing. Henry has now played in CT, DC, DE, FL, MA, ME, NH, NY, and RI. Henry’s music has gotten popular on YouTube. His homemade videos have gotten many likes and views. He also broadcasts some sets on USTREAM. Henry continues to play new songs, write new music, work with new people, and find any way he can to perform.
UPCOMING PERFORMANCE SPACE EVENTS:
• Wednesday, Oct. 2. ACOUSTIC BLUES: CORNBREAD
• Thursday, Oct. 3. PARKER’S TANGENT: ROCK
• Monday, Oct. 7. FILM SCREENING: “THE SECRET IN THEIR EYES”
• Wednesday, Oct. 9. ACOUSTIC ROCK: HENRY SIDLE
• Thursday, Oct. 10. GARAGE SOUL: BRONSON ROCK
• Monday, Oct. 14. FILM SCREENING: “PARADISE NOW”
• Wednesday, Oct. 16. ACOUSTIC ROCK: JAMES VELVET & THE LONESOME SPARROWS
• Thursday, Oct. 17. INDIE ROCK: ZOO FRONT
• Monday, Oct. 21. FILM SCREENING: “FURY”
• Wednesday, Oct. 23. CLASSICAL: RAVENNA MICHALSEN & ALEXANDER SMITH
• Thursday, Oct. 24. INDIE ROCK: THE STREAMS
• Monday, Oct. 28. FILM SCREENING: “CAPE FEAR” (Original version)
• Wednesday, Oct. 30. LOCAL LEGENDS/NEW WAVE: THE FURORS
• Monday, Nov. 4. FILM SCREENING: “IN THE BEDROOM”
• Wednesday, Nov. 6. SINGER-SONGWRITER: ESTHER GOLTON
• Thursday, Nov. 7. GARAGE FOLK: ELISON JACKSON
• Wednesday, Nov. 13. WINE TASTING with BOB FEINN FROM MT. CARMEL WINE & SPIRITS
• Monday, Nov. 11. FILM SCREENING: “THE SEARCHERS”
• Thursday, Nov. 21. APOCALYPTIC POP: THE GRIMM GENERATION