Eclectic world music/folk band Dr. Caterwaul’ss Cadre of Clairvoyant Claptraps with special guests will play music composed by Alf Clausen and Danny Elfman for the animated TV comedy “The Simpsons” at Best Video Film & Cultural Center on Saturday, Jan. 7 at 7 PM. Tickets are $8 in advance, available through Brown Paper Tickets.
All tickets are general admission. There is no reserved seating so arrive early to claim your spot! Buy your tickets now!
Dr. Caterwaul’s Cadre of Clairvoyant Claptraps composed of Michael Tepper on upright bass, Adam Matlock on accordion and vocals; Michael Paolucci on percussion; Chris Cretella on electric guitar and Brian Slattery on violin, banjo, trombone and vocals plays as much music as its able to: blues and murder ballads, Eastern European folk, traditional music from North and South America, tango, swing, classical music, and the songs of contemporary songwriters (including Matlock), using the influences of the music they love to create fluid, improvised arrangements. The group will be joined at this event by special guests Nathan Bontrager on cello and Anne Rhodes on voice.
For this show, the group will be playing music composed by Alf Clausen and Danny Elfman for the long-running hit show. While Elfman is best known for composing the show’s iconic theme, Clausen has actually been the driving musical force behind the comedy.
In previous shows at Best Video Film & Cultural Center, Dr. Caterwaul’s has played music from “Twin Peaks,” film scores of Bernard Herrmann and music by Kurt Weill.
• Friday, Dec. 30. IMPROVISED/AVANT-GARDE: NAGUAL, THE ZACH ROWDEN + CHRIS CRETELLA DUO, CONOR PERREAULT (HUMAN FLOURISHING)
• Wednesday, Jan. 4. ROCK ‘N’ ROLL: THE FURORS
• Friday, Jan. 6. ACOUSTIC FOLK BLUES & MORE: VANGE DURST
• Saturday, Jan. 7. MUSIC OF “THE SIMPSONS”: DR. CATERWAUL’S CADRE OF CLAIRVOYANT CLAPTRAPS with SPECIAL GUESTS
• Sunday, Jan. 8. GUITARTOWNCT MONTHLY FREE AFTERNOON BLUEGRASS JAM
• Wednesday, Jan. 11. AMERICANA: PLYWOOD COWBOY
• Thursday, Jan. 12. FILM SCREENING: “LANDLORD” (WEB SERIES)
• Friday, Jan. 13. BLUEGRASS: FIVE IN THE CHAMBER
• Wednesday, Jan. 18. POSTMODERN JAZZ STANDARDS: MÉLANGE À TROIS
• Thursday, Jan. 19. GOTH/SHOEGAZE: TELEGRAM SCAM
• Friday, Jan. 20. BLUEGRASS: THE PAGE TURNERS (A GUITARTOWNCT PRODUCTION)
• Thursday, Jan. 26. BRAZILIAN MUSIC: THE BOSSA NOVA PROJECT
• Saturday, Jan. 28. FILM SCREENING FOR KIDS: “MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO” (Sponsored by Pediatrics Plus of North Haven)
• Monday, Jan. 30. FILM SCREENING: SEAN KERNAN’S “CROW STORIES”
• Wednesday, Feb. 1. JAZZ: JEFF FULLER & TONY LOMBARDOZZI
• Friday, Feb. 3. SINGER-SONGWRITER: THE ANNE MARIE MENTA BAND
• Thursday, Feb. 9. INDIE ROCK: JELLYSHIRTS
• Friday, Feb. 10. ROCK: HAPPY ENDING, MERCY CHOIR (solo)
• Friday, Feb. 17. SINGER-SONGWRITER: ALEX BLAIR
• Friday, Feb. 24. INDIE POP: THE SHELLYE VALAUSKAS EXPERIENCE
• Saturday, Feb. 25. MUSIC: “SHALL WE TALK ABOUT THE GOVERNMENT?”
• Friday, March 3. FREAK FOLK: THELMA, HALF WAIF
• Friday, Mar. 10. POP: THE DRESS-UPS
• Thursday, Mar. 16. SINGER-SONGWRITER: SETH ADAM, KATHY MUIR