Noise pop band Procedure Club returns to Best Video Film & Cultural Center on Friday, Feb. 26. Roman Wolfe opens. The tunes start at 8 PM and there is a $5 cover.
Procedure Club is a band from New Haven. They formed in 2007, and had releases on Slumberland Records, Sixteen Tamborines (Japan), and Beko Disques (France) and others.
They haven’t had a record out since their 2010 album, “Doomed Forever.” This hiatus is primarily because Adam Malec broke and/or lost recording equipment (including a hard drive with tons of cool new music on it) and secondarily because Andrea Belltower went away for graduate studies. Long time collaborator Tim Borkovski went out and bought a new sound card and other equipment so the band could get back to recording again. So that’s what they’ve all been doing lately in East Rock.
The band is made up of Adam, Andrea, Tim, and Sam. Adam and Andrea began a noise-pop recording project around 2008 while living in New Haven. They recorded “Doomed Forever,” their first album, and released it on Slumberland records in 2010. After a hiatus, they’ve reunited, along with members Tim and Sam, and will be releasing an album on Safety Meeting in early summer.
Solo performer Roman Wolfe opens, playing synths.
• Thursday, Feb. 18. JAZZ: THE MONK PROJECT BAND
• Friday, Feb. 19. GUITARISTS/SINGER-SONGWRITERS: RANDY COLLINS, IAN ETHAN CASE
• Monday, Feb. 22. OSCAR SERIES FILM SCREENING: “99 HOMES”
• Wednesday, Feb. 24. BLUEGRASS: THE EAST ROCK RAMBLERS
• Friday, Feb. 26. INDIE ROCK: PROCEDURE CLUB
• Monday, Feb. 29. OSCAR SERIES FILM SCREENING: “SICARIO” (Rescheduled due to snow)
• Wednesday, Mar. 2. SINGER-SONGWRITER: BEN ERICKSON, STEPHEN HLADUN
• Thursday, Mar. 3. SINGER-SONGWRITER: JOY IKE
• Friday, Mar. 4. JAZZ: JOVAN ALEXANDRE
• Sunday, Mar. 6. FILM SCREENING & Q&A WITH SCREENWRITER DONALD MARGULIES (Co-presented with The Institute Library): “THE END OF THE TOUR”
• Monday, Mar. 7. OSCAR SERIES FILM SCREENING: “SUFFRAGETTE” (Rescheduled from 2/15 due to snow)
• Thursday, Mar. 10. EXPERIMENTAL: HUMAN FLOURISHING, LIGHT UPON BLIGHT
• Friday, Mar. 11. ACOUSTIC GUITAR: SHAWN PERSINGER IS PRESTER JOHN
• Sunday, Mar. 13 FREE AFTERNOON BLUEGRASS JAM
• Thursday, Mar. 24. ROCK: PARKER’S TANGENT
• Friday, Mar. 25. SINGER-SONGWRITER: DICK NEAL
• Wednesday, Mar. 30. INDIE ROCK/SINGER-SONGWRITER: EUGENE GALLAGHER, WESTERN ESTATES
• Thursday, Mar. 31. SINGER-SONGWRITER: FRANK CRITELLI, JOE FLOOD
• Wednesday, Apr. 6. INDIE ROCK presented by Redscroll Records: HEX INVERTER, DIRT DEVIL, NOTHING ISRAEL
• Friday. Apr. 8. FOLK: HUGH BIRDSALL & DANA TAKAKI
• Thursday, Apr. 14. INDIE ROCK: SPIT-TAKE
• Wednesday, Apr. 20. JAZZ: BADSLAX
• Thursday, Apr. 28. SEPHARDIC MUSIC: THE HERETICS OF CORDOBA
• Saturday, May 7. SOFT ACOUSTIC/ROCK: THE HERNANDEZ BROTHERS
• Tuesday, Aug. 30. BLUEGRASS: STACY PHILLIPS & HIS BLUEGRASS CHARACTERS
• Saturday, Oct. 8. THE NEW ENGLAND UNDERGROUND FILM FESTIVAL