Ragweed: One Yale grad student, one Yale educated architect, and four contractors with high school diplomas sounds like an unpredictable mix. Experienced pickers all, their shared love of bluegrass and wide ranging musical tastes make for an entertaining live show.
Ragweed is a bluegrass band loosely based in New Haven county. Band members are Amanda Gregg (mandolin), Vicky Su (fiddle), Bob Boettger (bass), Chris Wuerth (guitar), Jon Wuerth (guitar) and Paul Neri (banjo). All six members sing, but usually not all at the same time. They began in 2007 as a barn band. Not happy being stuck in barns, they began performing live at venues around the state, and quickly realized they loved performing. Among their many influences are Tim O’Brien, John Hartford, Tony Rice, and Bill Monroe. Traditional bluegrass, old country, fiddle tunes, and attempts at humor, are all part of their repertoire.
UPCOMING PERFORMANCE SPACE EVENTS:
• Thursday, Apr. 11. SINGER-SONGWRITER: THE ANNE MARIE MENTA BAND
• Wednesday, Apr. 17. SINGER-SONGWRITER: ESTHER GOLTON
• Monday, Apr. 22. FILM SCREENING FOR “WHAT WOULD YOU DO?” SERIES: “WALK ON WATER”
• Wednesday, Apr. 24. SINGER-SONGWRITER: HENRY SIDLE
• Thursday, Apr. 25. JAZZ: THE NICK Di MARIA QUARTET
• Sunday, May 5. FILM SCREENING & DISCUSSION: “ALL ME: THE LIFE AND TIMES OF WINFRED REMBERT”
• Wednesday, May 8. INDIE ROCK: POOLS ARE NICE, BUCK McGRANE