Singer-songwriters Cristina Harris and Patrick Dalton perform solo sets on Wednesday, Jan. 7. The music starts at 8 PM and the cover is $5.
Cristina Harris is a singer, musician and songwriter who mixes her haunting vocals with intelligent song writing. Her music will resonate with listeners who are fans of artists like Cat Power, Tori Amos, and Kate Bush.
This spring (April 2014) Cristina released her first album ‘Safer in the Dark’. With the release of the album and her first music video, ‘Chemical Feeling’, Cristina is building her fanbase and realizing her dream of making intelligent and original pop music for people to enjoy. Cristina is truly an artist just on the verge of breaking out into the mainstream.
A founding member of The Proud Flesh, Patrick culls from the murky corners of American popular song to amalgamate a sound all his own. Dalton’s own music, while strikingly original and nuanced, has a familiarity to it—there’s Delta blues in his studied finger picking, folk and hip hop in his storied lyrics and powerful, breathy voice, big band in his trumpet playing, and classic American songwriting in his melodies. His songs come to terms with everything from death to macro-politics to economics, and while his subject matter may be heavy at times, Dalton’s songs leave you pensive rather than downtrodden, interested rather than pessimistic.
• Friday, Jan. 2. INDIE ROCK: THE SAWTELLES, HAPPY ENDING DUO (BEST VIDEO’S OWN HANK HOFFMAN & RICHARD BROWN)
• Sunday, Jan. 4. MARK SCHENKER: HOW TO READ A FILM—FOUR BY HITCHCOCK: “NOTORIOUS”
• Wednesday, Jan. 7. SINGER-SONGWRITERS: CRISTINA HARRIS, PATRICK DALTON
• Thursday, Jan. 8. BLUEGRASS: RAGWEED
• Friday, Jan. 9. MUSIC FROM “TWIN PEAKS”: DR. CATERWAUL’S CADRE OF CLAIRVOYANT CLAPTRAPS
• Sunday, Jan. 11. MARK SCHENKER: HOW TO READ A FILM—FOUR BY HITCHCOCK: “STRANGERS ON A TRAIN”
• Wednesday, Jan. 14. JAZZ: JEFF FULLER & FRIENDS
• Thursday, Jan. 15. SOLO ACOUSTIC GUITAR: ROBERT MESSORE
• Friday, Jan. 16: INDIE ROCK: MERCY CHOIR
• Sunday, Jan. 18. MARK SCHENKER: HOW TO READ A FILM—FOUR BY HITCHCOCK: “REAR WINDOW”
• Wednesday, Jan. 21. SONGWRITERS’ CIRCLE: MARK MIRANDO, DICK NEAL, REX FOWLER
• Thursday, Jan. 22. ALT-COUNTRY: HEATHER FAY
• Sunday, Jan. 25. MARK SCHENKER: HOW TO READ A FILM—FOUR BY HITCHCOCK: “NORTH BY NORTHWEST”
• Friday., Jan. 30. JAZZ: URI SHAHAM
• Friday, Feb. 6. AVANT-GARDE: RIVENER, LIGHT UPON BLIGHT
• Friday, Mar. 6. JAZZ: NICK DiMARIA WiRED
• Friday, April 3. AVANT-GARDE: ZERO DOLLAR
• Friday, April 17. WPKN BENEFIT
• Friday, May 1. FILM FEST: “A DARK ROOM”