Singer-songwriters Mark Mirando, Dick Neal and Bob Csugie play Best Video Performance Space on Wednesday, Dec. 2. The music starts at 8 PM and the cover is $5.
Mark Mirando started his music career in New Haven Connecticut playing in the legendary “Dogs”, a group that was well know for their originals as well as carefully chosen, well crafted covers.
Mark concentrates on original music now, although he’ll pull out a Beatles gem on occasion – and he’s recorded with no less than Beatle Ringo Starr. Mark played guitar and sang backup vocals on Ringo’s releases, “Ringo-Rama”, “Choose Love”, and two of Ringo’s greatest hits CD’s, “Photograph” and “Ringo 5.1”.
He performs the east coast singer songwriter circuit working both solo and also with his band and also travels to Nashville to write, record and perform with Nashville’s top songwriters including Georgia Middleman and Connecticut’s own Gary Burr. Mark’s latest CD is titled “Now That You Mention It” and it features such guest artist as Gary Burr, Georgia Middleman, Jim Photoglo, Victoria Shaw and Stealing Angels (Caroline Cutbirth, Jennifer Wayne, Tayla Lynn). One of Mark’s song’s, “What More Do You Want?” was recorded by Kristin Chenoweth and was released on her latest cd titled “Some Lessons Learned.”
Dick Neal is a student of music, songwriting, record production, and live performance. A multi-instrumentalist (guitar, 5-string banjo, mandolin, dobro, slide), he has been privileged to make a living as a musician and to work in a wide variety of musical settings and styles.
Dick appears regularly in concert as a sideman for any number of acts, and also as a regular member of the bluegrass band HOE. His newest band is the bluegrass combo Phantoms of the Opry, who will play Best Video in December. As a solo artist and songwriter, he has released 2 CD’s of original music, HOE and Beacon. Several of his compositions have been recorded by other singers.
Bob Csugie has been performing as part of the bluegrass and acoustic scenes in Connecticut for over 20 years. Among his roles has been playing upright bass with The Anne Marie Menta Band.
• Sunday, Nov. 22. FILM SCREENING/BLACK LIVES MATTER BENEFIT: “ANNE BRADEN: SOUTHERN PATRIOT”
• Friday, Nov. 27. ACOUSTIC ROCK: THE BIRDMEN
• Sunday, Nov. 29. MARK SCHENKER: HOW TO READ A FILM—FOUR BY STANLEY KUBRICK (“THE KILLING”)
• Wednesday, Dec. 2. SINGER-SONGWRITERS IN THE ROUND: MARK MIRANDO, DICK NEAL, BOB CSUGIE
• Thursday, Dec. 3. ELECTRONIC: AVMUS
• Friday, Dec. 4. CLASSICAL: RAVENNA MICHALSEN & BETHANY WILDER
• Sunday, Dec. 6. MARK SCHENKER: HOW TO READ A FILM—FOUR BY STANLEY KUBRICK (“PATHS OF GLORY”)
• Wednesday, Dec. 9. JAZZ: THE THELONIOUS MONK PROJECT BAND
• Thursday, Dec. 10. BLUES/FOLK/COUNTRY: CODA BLUE
• Friday, Dec. 11. INDIE POP: THE SHELLYE VALAUSKAS EXPERIENCE
• Sunday, Dec. 13. MARK SCHENKER: HOW TO READ A FILM—FOUR BY STANLEY KUBRICK (“DR. STRANGELOVE”)
• Wednesday, Dec. 16. SINGER-SONGWRITER: BRIAN DOLZANI
• Friday, Dec. 18. PSYCHO-FOLK: MILKSOP: UNSUNG
• Sunday, Dec. 20. MARK SCHENKER: HOW TO READ A FILM—FOUR BY STANLEY KUBRICK (“BARRY LYNDON”)