New Haven rock ‘n’ roll legends The Furors will perform on Thursday, July 3. The music starts at 8 PM and the cover charge is $5.
Comprised of guitarist Derek Holcomb and drummer Tom Dans—Holcomb sings lead and Dans harmonizes—The Furors have been playing together for over three decades. They have self-released numerous vinyl 45s, a vinyl LP and several compact discs. Their catalog is so beloved among local musicians that a tribute album, “Let’s Get Furious,” was released in 2003 featuring 38 Furors songs covered by 38 local musicians and groups.
The Furors’ music is joyful, quirky three-minute pop, like a cross between They Might Be Giants and early British Invasion rock ‘n’ roll.
• Wednesday, June 18. BRAZILIAN MUSIC: SAMBELEZA
• Thursday, June 19. GARAGE POP/PSYCHEDELIC ROCK: HAPPY ENDING
• Wednesday, June 25. INDIE ROCK: MERCY CHOIR
• Thursday, June 26. ACOUSTIC GUITAR: PRESTER JOHN featuring SHAWN PERSINGER & DAVID MILLER
• Friday, June 27. PUNK ROCK: STARK RAVING LULU
• Sunday, June 29. BEST VIDEO FUNDRAISER
• Wednesday, July 2. ROCK: EXTRASENSORY
• Thursday, July 3. BUOYANT POP ROCK: THE FURORS
• Wednesday, July 9. CLASSICAL GUITAR: ORPHÉE RUSSELL
• Thursday, July 10. FOLK: THE HEATH SISTERS
• Wednesday, July 16. FOLK/POP/SOUL: JOY IKE
• Thursday, July 17. ROCK ‘N’ SOUL: BRONSON ROCK
• Friday, July 18. SURF MUSIC, ROCKABILLY: THE SIX PACK DUTCHMEN, TOM HEARN
• Thursday, July 24. PROGRESSIVE FOLK ROCK: KINDRED QUEER
• Tuesday, July 29. BLUEGRASS: STACY PHILLIPS AND HIS BLUEGRASS CHARACTERS
• Wednesday, July 30. FOLK MUSIC: ROBERT MESSORE
• Thursday, July 31. ROCK: THE SHELLYE VALAUSKAS EXPERIENCE
• Friday, Aug. 1. ELECTRO-ACOUSTIC: DAVID ELKIN-GINNETTI
• Wednesday, Aug. 13. INDIE ROCK: THE LYS GUILLORN BAND
• Thursday, Aug. 14, ROCK: PARKER’S TANGENT
• Friday, Aug. 15. POP/ART/PUPPETRY: POCKET VINYL, GLUMPUPPET