The Heath Sisters offer warm harmonies, offbeat elegance, and a kind of intimacy that makes listeners feel like old friends. They specialize in rounds, contemporary acoustic, and original music played with heart, sibling revelry, and humor.
Sarah Heath, Lucy McLellan and Peggy Ogilvy were raised in a family of classical musicians, but have been highly influenced by folk, jazz, world music and the singer songwriters of the seventies. Their singing has been described as “heartfelt, crystal clear…breathtaking.” Their multi-instrumental talent creates a concert that is full of variety and musical surprise not often heard in pop music, while their connection to an audience is direct and emotional.
The three sisters have had all kinds of experience playing apart from each other, and each has brought a different influence to the group.
Here are The Heath Sisters performing “The Fiddler’s Hymn” in 2012:
• Wednesday, July 2. ROCK: EXTRASENSORY
• Thursday, July 3. BUOYANT POP ROCK: THE FURORS
• Wednesday, July 9. CLASSICAL GUITAR: ORPHÉE RUSSELL
• Thursday, July 10. FOLK: THE HEATH SISTERS
• Wednesday, July 16. FOLK/POP/SOUL: JOY IKE
• Thursday, July 17. ROCK ‘N’ SOUL: BRONSON ROCK
• Friday, July 18. SURF MUSIC, ROCKABILLY: THE SIX PACK DUTCHMEN, TOM HEARN
• Thursday, July 24. PROGRESSIVE FOLK ROCK: KINDRED QUEER
• Tuesday, July 29. BLUEGRASS: STACY PHILLIPS AND HIS BLUEGRASS CHARACTERS
• Wednesday, July 30. FOLK MUSIC: ROBERT MESSORE
• Thursday, July 31. ROCK: THE SHELLYE VALAUSKAS EXPERIENCE
• Friday, Aug. 1. ELECTRO-ACOUSTIC: DAVID ELKIN-GINNETTI
• Wednesday, Aug. 13. INDIE ROCK: THE LYS GUILLORN BAND
• Thursday, Aug. 14, ROCK: PARKER’S TANGENT
• Friday, Aug. 15. POP/ART/PUPPETRY: POCKET VINYL, GLUMPUPPET