BVFCC presents a big bill on Wednesday, Dec. 20, featuring War War War, Reduction Plan, Pinfinger and Ross Menze. The show starts at 7 PM. The cover is a sliding scale of $5-10—give what you can within that range.
War War War hails from Flint, Michigan and play “dreamy Americana from the Midwest.” On their 2017 album “I Saw an Angel, I Buried Its Body, ” all songs were written by Samuel Boyhtari (pictured), with contributions from: Anthony Spak (Drums), Zane Smith (Bass), Travis Kerton (Piano and Synths), Shea Socrates (Auxiliary Guitar), Ally Evenson (Vocals on tracks 5, 6, and 8) and Jess Duncan (Cello on track 5).
Pinfinger, from West Haven, plays “real life guitar rock from the old country,” according to their Bandcamp page. Band members are Marty Laydon, Shane Williams, Chwas Torok and Chwas Davidson.
Reduction Plan’s music comes from within solitude’s frigid embrace. “I will never get what I want,” broods frontman Daniel Manning on self-released debut, Paradise. The heavily reverberated breaths and ominous atmosphere that open Reduction Plan’s latest full-length album, Somewhere, evoke that same sense of solitude, one that is almost palpable. Pulling from 80s goth, 90s shoegaze and industrial, and the anti-folk tendencies of acts like Grouper and Mount Eerie, Reduction Plan uses both noise and space to illustrate the power of silence. A swell of synths, pulsing drum machines, and haunting murmurs is the foundation upon which the project draws its sound.
Ross Menze, who drums for The Mountain Movers, will open the night with a short set of electronic loops and ambent noise.
UPCOMING EVENTS (Music events start at 8 PM unless otherwise noted; screenings start at 7 PM unless otherwise noted):
• Wednesday, Dec. 13, 7 PM. SECOND WEDNESDAY BEST VIDEO OPEN MIC
• Thursday, Dec. 14, 8 PM. JAZZ: PAUL SHANLEY
• Friday, Dec. 15. ROCK ‘N’ ROLL: THE FURORS (CD RELEASE!); SINGER-SONGWRITER: FRANK CRITELLI
• Wednesday, Dec. 20. INDIE ROCK: WAR WAR WAR, REDUCTION PLAN, PINFINGER, ROSS MENZE
• Thursday, Dec. 21. SURF MUSIC: THE CLAMS
• Friday, Dec. 22. HOLIDAY ROCK ‘N’ ROLL SHOW: DUST HAT, BRONSON ROCK
• Wednesday, Dec. 27. ROCK: THE 509ers
• Friday, Dec. 29. INDIE ROCK: WALLY
• Wednesday, Jan. 3. ROCK: THE WYRD BROTHERS; SINGER-SONGWRITER: ROB NELSON
• Friday, Jan. 5. AFRO-FUNK/ELECTRONICS: ENERGY
• Wednesday, Jan. 10, 7 PM. SECOND WEDNESDAY OPEN MIC
• Thursday, Jan. 11. ROCK: TINY OCEAN
• Friday, Jan. 12, 7:30 PM. BLUEGRASS: BEPPE GAMBETTA (A GUITARTOWNCT CONCERT)
• Wednesday, Jan. 17. AMERICAN PRIMITIVE GUITAR: ALEXANDER; AVANT-GARDE: DONKEY NO NO, ZACH ROWDEN & WENDY EISENBERG
• Thursday, Jan. 18. ROCK ‘N’ ROLL: BIG FAT COMBO
• Friday, Jan. 19. BLUES ROCK: VANGE DURST
• Thursday, Jan. 25, 6:30 PM. INDIE ROCK: BONZO, BILGE RAT, PINFINGER, SHORT MONTH
• Friday, Jan. 26. BLUES ROCK: JOE MILLER & THE HIPSHAKERS
• Saturday, Jan. 27. AVANT-GARDE/PSYCH: RIVENER
• Tuesday, Jan. 30, 7:30 PM. BLUEGRASS: STACY PHILLIPS & HIS BLUEGRASS CHARACTERS
• Friday, Feb. 2. SINGER-SONGWRITER: THE ANNE MARIE MENTA BAND
• Tuesday, Feb. 6, 7 PM. FILM SCREENING & DISCUSSION: “LIFE ON PAROLE”
• Thursday, Feb. 8. BLUEGRASS: JOE K. WALSH & CELIA WOODSMITH, feat. BOBBY BRITT & ZOE GUIGUENO
• Wednesday, Feb. 14, 7 PM. SECOND WEDNESDAY OPEN MIC
• Friday, Feb. 16. SINGER-SONGWRITER/FUTURE SOUL: PAUL BRYANT HUDSON
• Friday, Mar. 16. BLUEGRASS: ZOE & CLOYD (A GUITARTOWNCT CONCERT)
• Saturday, May 12. SINGER-SONGWRITER: THE ANNE MARIE MENTA BAND