Cellist Ravenna Michalsen and violist/violinist Bethany Wilder—both of whom teach at Neighborhood Music School in New Haven—play Best Video Film & Cultural Center on Friday, Dec. 4. The program starts at 8 PM and the cover is $5.
Michalsen and Wilder will play a program of Bach duos, Beethoven “Eyeglasses Duet”, Mozart and Albrechtsberger.
Bethany Wilder is an eager contributor to the Connecticut arts scene as a performer and mentor. An active freelancer, Bethany enjoys chamber music collaborations of all sorts, and is a perennial sub for local groups, including the Eastern Connecticut Symphony and the Mostly Baroque players in Glastonbury.
Ms. Wilder holds a Master of Music degree in viola and Suzuki pedagogy from the Hartt School, where she was a member of 20/20, Hartt’s select chamber music program. Her Bachelor of Music degree is from the University of Denver. Prior to her time at the Lamont School, Bethany spent two years in France and Switzerland studying French and chamber music.
In her role as mentor, Ms. Wilder has a private violin/viola studio in New Haven; she is also on the faculty of the Neighborhood Music School. In her free time she enjoys hiking and reading (but not at the same time.)
Ravenna Michalsen is a cellist and an active participant in the Connecticut musical scene. She teaches a large studio of fantastic cello students and ensembles both privately and at Neighborhood Music School. Ravenna holds a BA and MA from Yale University and an MA from the University of Colorado, Boulder and occasionally translates short Tibetan Buddhist works.
• Friday, Nov. 27. ACOUSTIC ROCK: THE BIRDMEN
• Sunday, Nov. 29. MARK SCHENKER: HOW TO READ A FILM—FOUR BY STANLEY KUBRICK (“THE KILLING”)
• Wednesday, Dec. 2. SINGER-SONGWRITER: THE ANNE MARIE MENTA BAND
• Thursday, Dec. 3. ELECTRONIC: AVMUS
• Friday, Dec. 4. CLASSICAL: RAVENNA MICHALSEN & BETHANY WILDER
• Sunday, Dec. 6. MARK SCHENKER: HOW TO READ A FILM—FOUR BY STANLEY KUBRICK (“PATHS OF GLORY”)
• Wednesday, Dec. 9. JAZZ: THE THELONIOUS MONK PROJECT BAND
• Thursday, Dec. 10. BLUES/FOLK/COUNTRY: CODA BLUE
• Friday, Dec. 11. INDIE POP: THE SHELLYE VALAUSKAS EXPERIENCE
• Sunday, Dec. 13. MARK SCHENKER: HOW TO READ A FILM—FOUR BY STANLEY KUBRICK (“DR. STRANGELOVE”)
• Wednesday, Dec. 16. SINGER-SONGWRITER: BRIAN DOLZANI
• Friday, Dec. 18. PSYCHO-FOLK: MILKSOP: UNSUNG
• Sunday, Dec. 20. MARK SCHENKER: HOW TO READ A FILM—FOUR BY STANLEY KUBRICK (“BARRY LYNDON”)