The Stacy Phillips-Paul Howard Duet play the Best Video Performance Space on Thursday, Nov. 6. The music starts at 8 PM and the cover is $7.
Stacy Phillips and Paul Howard have been elite members of the American acoustic music community for many years. They continue to combine their talents to create an exciting style they call Neo-Urban Traditional Music, a combination of the sensibility of traditional music through the lens of an urban upbringing.
The duo performs a wide range of material—jazz, Caribbean dances, Hawaiian hulas, bluegrass, calypso and East European gypsy music as well as their unique, original compositions. Stacy Phillips and Paul Howard have done several tours of Europe and the West Coast and have two CDs, one self-titled and the other, “Neo Urban Traditions”.
Stacy Phillips is an internationally acclaimed dobro player and violinist. He has performed with Bela Fleck David Bromberg, Mark O’Connor, Leon Redbone, Peter Rowan, and others Stacy has three solo albums and is a Grammy award winner for his playing on the album “The Great Dobro Sessions.”
Stacy’s playing is celebrated for his singular techniques, eclecticism and humor. He is a regular contributor to several music magazines including Strings and Guitar Player and is the editor of the online magazine Fiddle Sessions. He is also the author of over thirty music books dealing with various aspects of violin and dobro playing which are acknowledged as the standards in their field.
Paul Howard is a veteran of the New England music scene. He has three guitar instruction books and two videos published by Alfred Publishing . Paul brings an energized vocal and guitar style drawing from swing, country, jazz and pop to the duo. He is one of the finest rhythm guitarists in the world.
• Sunday, Oct. 19. CHILDREN’S FILM SCREENING: “ANNIE”
• Wednesday, Oct. 22. INDIE POP: PLAYFIGHT
• Thursday, Oct. 23. CABARET/SPOKEN WORD: RICH MORAN & FRANZ DOUSKEY
• Sunday, Oct. 26. CHILDREN’S FILM SCREENING: “SHORT CIRCUIT”
• Wednesday, Oct. 29. ECLECTIC POP: MISSION ZERO
• Thursday, Oct. 30. “SONGS OF MISERY, DESPAIR & THE SUPERNATURAL”: DAVID, SHELDON AND GAIL
• Sunday, Nov. 2. CHILDREN’S FILM SCREENING: “ABBOTT & COSTELLO MEET FRANKENSTEIN”
• Monday, Nov. 3. FILM SCREENING: “THE JEWISH CARDINAL”
• Thursday, Nov. 6. NEO-URBAN TRADITIONAL MUSIC: THE STACY PHILLIPS-PAUL HOWARD DUET
• Friday, Nov. 7. INSTRUMENTAL ROCK: THE SIX PACK DUTCHMEN
• Monday, Nov. 10. FILM SCREENING: “A PRICE ABOVE RUBIES”
• Wednesday, Nov. 12. JAZZ: DAVID CHEVAN & WARREN BYRD
• Thursday, Nov. 13. SINGER-SONGWRITERS: FRANK CRITELLI, JASON PRINCE
• Friday, Nov. 14. INDIE FOLK: OLIVE TIGER
• Monday, Nov. 17. FILM SCREENING: “I CONFESS”
• Thursday, Nov. 20. FILM SCREENING: “SEVEN DAYS IN MAY”
• Friday, Nov. 21. SINGER-SONGWRITERS: BECKY KESSLER (Violent Mae), SAM PERDUTA (Elison Jackson)
• Monday, Nov. 24. FILM SCREENING: “BABETTE’S FEAST”
• Friday, Nov. 28. PSYCHO-FOLK: MILKSOP: UNSUNG
• Monday, Dec. 1. FILM SCREENING: “DOUBT”
• Thursday, Dec. 4. JAZZ: REBECCA ABBOTT
• Monday, Dec. 8. FILM SCREENING: “THE END OF THE AFFAIR”
• Friday, Jan. 9. MUSIC FROM “TWIN PEAKS”: DR. CATERWAUL’S CADRE OF CLAIRVOYANT CLAPTRAPS